March 20, 2012

Sandwich Memories

So in my travels today I met a kid named Reuben, and that got me thinking about sandwiches. I've been working at the same restaurant for going on 7 years now and when I started I only worked lunches. Lunch was my jam!! Quick and dirty- in at 10:00 out by 4:00 and still have the rest of the day to do my thing. And we used to do the best sandwiches. Besides the reuben we had 2 that stand out in my mind:


1. The Monte Cristo Sandwich- literally french toast with honey mustard, ham, and melted swiss cheese.

First you make french toast, this recipe is ideal if you have left-over french toast, then you simply make a sandwich with the honey mustard, cheese and ham and put it in a hot pan with a little butter and cover until cheese is melted.


2. The Turkey Apple Melt- an open-faced sandwich on black bread with a cranberry spread, turkey breast, granny smith apples, and cheddar cheese that gets melted under the broiler.

For this one you take each piece of bread and cover with cranberry spread or other nice fruit spread, layer turkey, apples, and cheddar cheese. Then you pop it in the toaster until cheese is melted and bread is toasted. Eat each piece separately or smash together and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment