March 18, 2012

Olive Oil Shortbread Cookies


For some reason I got really into olive oil cookies for about week. Whole Food's 365 EVOO is the cheapest around- and when I was working there I got a discount on top of it. This recipe is insane it's so simple and easy. And while you don't get that buttery shortbread taste, they are really good all the same, and it makes a ton of little cookies, enough to share- or not. I just realized they are also vegan, nice.

I actually added vanilla and cardamom to mine because I thought they were sooo simple. THey would probably be good with any spice- like cinnamon, and a ground nut- like an almond or something. I found the recipe at Wendy Paul Creations.

1 cup extra virgin light olive oil
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 cups flour

Mix together all ingredients until dough forms a ball. On a piece of parchment paper, place dough and shape into a log, sealing all edges (like a piece of candy). Refrigerate 1 hour until firm. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/3" slices, baking at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cookies stand on the cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the cookie sheet and place on a wire rack until cooled completely. Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment