March 31, 2012

Chocolate Chunk Cookies


I like the look of a nice chunky chocolate chip cookie with a lot of stuff in it. This recipe is from Eat Good For Life. These called for coconut too but I forgot to bring it up to my mom's house. I'm baking away from home today because the kitchen is still disassembled. So I used whole wheat flour in these because I didn't have the barley flour, I subbed slivered almonds for walnuts, and I only used 1 C of chocolate chips instead of a whole 11.5 oz bag- damn girl that's a lot of chocolate!! Like bags of Ghirardelli just grows on trees or something!?!?!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 olive oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup barley flour (you can use all whole wheat flour if you prefer)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1 cup walnuts, chopped
11.5 oz bag of dark chocolate chips ( I used Ghirardelli brand 60% cacao)

Preheat oven to 350F.

In a bowl combine, preferably with an electric mixture ( I use my hands and a whisk), sugar and butter. Add olive oil, eggs, and vanilla and combine all ingredients.

In another bowl combine flours, baking soda, and baking powder and combine. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and fold in. Add rest of ingredients and mix through. Drop batter with a tablespoon onto lined baking sheets spacing them out and flattening them slightly.

Bake for 12-14 minutes (mine took at least 15 mins because I forgot to flatten them, you want to get some color on them babies!!) and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment