March 17, 2012

Baked Banana Doughnuts


So my Wilton doughnut pan finally came in the mail this week and I made my first ever baked doughnut. I chose banana bread doughnuts from Wilde In The Kitchen to christen my pan. So I learned not to overfill the pan or they will look odd, and unlike doughnuts. You will have to cut the hole out with a knife and eat the middle part- actually not that bad of a mistake. I have a mini pan so they cook quick- like 8 mins or so.

1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 medium, overripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Preheat to the oven to 425 and coat your donut pan with cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, beat together oil, sugar, egg and vanilla extract with a whisk. Beat for about 2 minutes, or until the mixture lightens in color. Add bananas and mix. In a smaller bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, add all at once to the liquids and stir until combined.

Fill the donut shapes about 2/3 full with batter and bake for 9-10 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Allow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing and cooling on a wire rack. Make the glaze while the donuts cool further. Fill your donut pan with more batter and bake, continue until you run out of batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment