January 8, 2013

Life without mayo- Tuna salad

So I have never been a big fan of mayo- who am I kidding?  I friggin hate mayo.  It's the devil.  It's creepy looking, creepy smelling, it makes me uncomfortable.  Anyway somehow I have become obsessed with greek yogurt and all of the things that you can do with it, including adding fruit and eating it with chicken.  Recently I made a tuna salad with it, so good it was gone in a day.  Still playing with the recipe, but I think it had potential.

Mayo-less Tuna Salad
Recipe inspiration from Not Enough Cinnamon

Ingredients:

  • 2 cans of white albacore
  • 1/2 cup non-fat greek yogurt
  • 1 apple diced
  • a few scallions diced
  • 1 can artichoke hearts diced
  • a couple handfuls craisins
  • a dash or so balsamic vinegar
  • salt and pepper to taste


Method:

Dice everything that need to be diced and mix it in a bowl, salt and pepper added last to your taste.  I like this on a bed of greens but it works in a sandwich as well.  I think adding sun dried tomatoes or drained roasted red peppers would be nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment