April 8, 2012

Cookie Baking 101: For Everyone Who Ever Asked Why?


One of my professors once told me I should go for my masters because I always ask WHY? Never satisfied with just the answer I'm always wondering "but what if I you did this instead of that?" Same thing goes for baking- can I use this sugar instead of that one, what's the difference between baking powder and baking soda? Cake flour or AP flour? Different ways of measuring things and many other musings...

So one day I was fumbling around on Taste Spotting and I found this very informative and simply written answer guide to many of the questions I have been asking. This chick is a professional baker and just a damn good writer. So if you have a few minutes and you are still wondering WHY?- skim through this post and learn something about the science of baking.

Image credit: Dessert First- Pastrygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment