April 13, 2012

Bread Lessons


I've been trying to find time to get my mom to teach me how to make bread for a while now. Since I just had a big test on Thursday I am prepared for a less stresses-out weekend- I usually ease up on the studying the weekend after a test and then dive in again on Monday. Cumulative final May 2nd- only a few weeks to study everything I learned this semester!!

But back to baking... This is how I relieve stress- pounding dough, chopping chocolate, beating butter. Baking is the most amazing creative outlet I know. Sometimes I clean stuff, getting totally dirty in the garden is nice when it's really sunny out, or painting and drawing are also fun things that I do to de-stress and tire myself out. (I drink a lot of coffee) I have mastered cookies and muffins and a few weeks ago I made my first pie, but anything involving yeast- I have avoided. That's probably why I made yeast-free cinnamon rolls the other day.

There's no more avoiding it!! I have wanted to make "Monkey Bread" forever now. The smell of cinnamon sugar in the air... Conquer your fears and open that packet of yeast!

I have a recipe for "Povitica Bread" from Brownie Bites that I'm going to attempt, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Photo Credit: Apple Pie, Patis, & Pate

No comments:

Post a Comment